Friday, January 25, 2008

Journal page for a dear friend

Today, I created a very heartfelt piece.

My dear friend and fellow artist, Wendy, is battling breast cancer. She asked many of her friends to create pages for a pink journal she had. All she asked was that they be pink and have a quote on them. I found this quote and thought it perfectly reflected the strength that she has. The ship was made transparent and printed on pink cardstock. I stamped it and inked it. The dragonflies are something we both share a love for, so I put one for each of us on it. I also cut out various parts of roses and added different layers with foam tape. In real life, it adds so much dimension to the bouqet. I hope she likes this page I made especially for her.

Materials used:
Colormates cardstock-Light Fairy Tale Pink, Deep Spring Green (WORLDWIN Papers)
Printable Translucent Vellum (WORLDWIN Papers)
Stamps from Inque Boutique
Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink-Orchid Pastel (Clearsnap)
Palette Hybrid ink-Jardin Moss (Stewart Superior)

0 comments: