Wednesday, November 05, 2008

And the winner is....

My blog candy for voting is a couple of small clear stamps and this magnet. Okay, okay, I said it was going to be a pin, but when I sat down to make it last night, I realized that I had no pinbacks. I panicked because I wanted to get this done for the winner before I posted the winning name!! Then, I remembered that I had lots of magnet strips, so you get a magnet. It is probably more practical as a magnet anyways.
NOTE...this looks a lot more washed out in the photo. It is a much warmer looking magnet in real life!!
Isn't this bear stamp the sweetest? I have had him for many years and when I was looking through for stamps to use on this, I saw him. I thought he looked like a proud little voter! I colored him in with my new obsession...Puffy Velvet Markers. I just love them!! I also colored the heart in with it. The stars are gold brads that I coated in Versamark and embossed with Distress eps. I have colored alot of brads with embossing powders before, but never the Distress ones. WOW...what texture and age they gave these shiny gold brads. Love that!!
Materials:
CraftyBoard (WorldWin Papers)
Colormates-Heritage White (WorldWin Papers)
Flag stamp (Stampin Up!)
Bear stamp (PSX)
Alpha stamps (Studio G)
Distress Ink and embossing powder-Faded Jeans, Fired Brick (Ranger)
Versamark (Tsukineko)
India Ink Black
Detail black embossing powder
Puffy Velvet Marker-white (Marvy Uchida)
Star brads

Okay...now that I am done with the formalities, you are probably all wondering...who won?? LOL I just love suspense and these blog candy things are more fun for me than even the winner, I think!!

Enough already, right? Without further ado....random.org's integer generator gave me this:
Darlene said...
I voted this morning. I was number#17!

Congrats Darlene!! Please email me with your info so I can get your prize out to you!! You can find my email under my profile in the sidebar.
Thanks again to everyone who voted yesterday. Makes me proud to be an American.
Oh and I am very proud of my Kiwi friends who will be proudly voting in their country on Saturday. You go girls!!!!
Have a creatively wonderful day!

0 comments: