Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Cuttlebugged Ornament


This week, the challenge on the Cuttlebug Challenges blog was to make something holiday themed, but not a card. I chose to make an ornament. I am on an ornament kick lately! lol

Here's how I did it:
I cut two pieces of Kaschmir blue cloth cardstock with my scalloped square Nestabilities dies. This is the same type of cardstock as the red and white velvety stuff that I adore!! I embossed both with my Snow Dots folder. I inked up one with Versamark and embossed 2 times with silver embossing powder. The first time, it seemed to stay fuzzy like velvet and quite matte. When I added the second layer, it came out like old tin, but the embossing still remained perfectly visible!! Love it!
Then, I punched two squares. One in from High Gloss Silver Smooth cardstock and the other from the Kashmir. I used my Crafter's Companion to emboss a line on each side of the blue square, added a silver snowflake button to the center, added dots of dark blue Stickles and a blue rhinestone to the center. Attached to the silver panel with foam tape and added Stickles to each corner of the silver panel.
On the silver square, I stamped the words in Denim Adirondack pigment ink and embossed in clear. I then pressed the edges into Versamark and embossed them with silver. Attach to the blue panel with foam tape. Added silver Stickles to the centers of the embossed snowflakes.
To assemble, I cut a length of silver ribbon and attached it to the backside of the silver panel with red liner tape. Added a strip of red liner tape down all four sides of the silver panel and adhere it to the blue panel.
It is a really simple ornament that would also make a cute tag on a gift.
Have a creatively wonderful day!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful; again with the blue & silver!!! I think you like my color scheme! LOL

Art By Wanda said...

Robin, this is a fabulous ornament!!!

Nettie said...

lovely Robin! you have been so productive for the holidays!