Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Chivalry is NOT dead

I saw this plate of stamps from Artistic Outpost called My Knight and it just screamed at me to use it to make some Valentine cards for that special man in my life. My dh is such a knight in shining armor! I have a few more cards in the works for Valentine's Day, but they aren't quite done yet. I love this one. It is quite simple card, but in real life, it is so yummy and textural.

To start, I did the polished stone technique on glossy cardstock using Cranberry & Red Pepper alcohol inks and Pearl Mixative. Then, I stamped the image with Versamark ink and embossed with black detail embossing powder. I added some detail with a white pen. The red cardstock is Kashmir Cloth that is just like velvet. I was amazed at how nice and crisp the words looked after being stamped on this paper! The scan makes it appear a little fuzzy, but in real life, it is very crisp and clear. I stamped the sentiment and ran the two strips of white cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the Textile folder. Layered it all together and it was done!
Materials:
Kashmir Cloth - Red (Gmund)
Colormates - Heritage White, Heritage Black (WorldWin Papers)
High Gloss - smooth white (WorldWin Papers)
My Knight stamps (Artistic Outpost)
Versamark ink, Versafine - Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Black Detail EP
White Inkssentials Pen (Ranger)
Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Red Pepper, Cranberry (Ranger)
Adirondack Mixatives - Pearl (Ranger)
Cuttlebug and Textile folder (ProvoCraft)
Tape N Roller Plus (Kokuyo)
Paper Trimmer, Scissors (Fiskars)

Have a creatively wonderful evening!

1 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

love the added touch of the white gel pen