Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Artistic Outpost - Polaroid Cutie

April Fools Day is here and like every other year...I can't come up with a really good prank to play on my family. I will spend most of the day thinking about it and nothing will come to me. I used to be a great prankster...but since I 'grew up', I don't have it in me anymore! lol What about you? Any good April Fool's Day pranks to share?? I'd love to hear them!!!

Today is my day to share something created with Artistic Outpost stamps. If you haven't ever checked out their stamps, please do!! They have gorgeous stamps at great prices. I love that they have a great selection. There is something to suit everyone's taste. Today, I decided to create something with the adorable Polaroid Cutie plate. I just think this little girl is adorable and I haven't ever used the large photo of her, so I figured today was the day to do just that! This is a strange card because I mixed a very distressed, grungey image with some bright cheeriness. I thought it was kind of fun to mix both of my styles on one card. I hope you all think so too!I stamped her on watercolor paper and colored her with Inktense watercolor pencils. Then, I added polka dots to her ribbon and highlights to her eyes with white gel pen. I then used Distress Inks to add the grunge. I distressed the edges and rolled them up at the corners. I used a clipiola and ran bright, cheerful ribbon through it, wrapping it around a black piece of cardstock the I distressed like crazy. Layered it onto an embossed blue card that I inked with black ink. Finally, I stamped the sentiment on watercolor paper, distressed the edges and inked. I added it to a blue piece with a piece of ribbon attached to the back. It is pop dotted on the card for dimension. Very easy card.
Materials: PAPER: Watercolor paper, Colormates-Heritage Black, Dark Belgium Blue (WorlWin Papers), STAMPS-Polaroid Cutie (Artistic Outpost), INK-Versafine-Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Distress Ink-Vintage Photo, Antique Linen (Ranger) OTHER: Inktense Watercolor Pencils, Waterbrush (Niji), Swiss Dots embossing folder (ProvoCraft), Clipiola, Ribbon (American Crafts), Tonic Distressing Tool
Thanks for stopping by! Have a creatively wonderful day!

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Love this card Robin, everytime I see you using Inktense I think I MUST get mine out and then I forget! maybe when Matt is gone home;) thanks for the inspiration {hugs} Nettie

Jess said...

Gorgeous card, Robin! I love how you matched her ribbon to the ribbon you used.