Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Project Tuesday-Genie Bag

Hey everyone!! Thought I would share a fun project I did for Stamps and Smiles' Project Tuesday this week. We were asked to make genie bags from a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. This was a super fun and easy project!

This week, Stamps and Smiles is celebrating the release of some NEW stamps. All of the actual design team members are using the newly released stamps that will be available to the public on Friday. I thought I should use a Stamps and Smiles stamp too this week, so I used Cuppy Love from the original released sets back in February. I added Ranger's Liquid Pearls to her frosting to make it shimmery and dimensional. It looks beige in the photo, but it is really a pearly white. I colored the rest of the image with Prismas and Gamsol.

One thing I thought I would mention about making this bag....I didn't have an appropriate gift bag to use as the base. But, I did find a clear bag shaped just like a gift bag in my daughters' bathroom. It was one that contained a gift set of hair care products. It had a flap that came over the top, but I just cut that off with my paper trimmer. It is a super thick, sturdy bag and worked great for this. I thought the clear bag made it a bit more unique than just copying a tutorial exactly. Here's a shot of the side so you can see the clear bag. Cool, huh??


Materials: PAPER Colormates-Teriffic Teal, Berry Red, Heritage White (WorldWin Papers), STAMPS Cuppy Love (Stamps&Smiles), INK Versafine-Onyx Black (Tsukineko), OTHER Prismacolor Pencils/Gamsol, Nestabilities-Rectangle, Scalloped Rectangle (Spellbinders), Embossing Folder-Swiss Dots (ProvoCraft), Grograin Ribbon, Scissors, Spray Adhesive, Tape N Roller Plus (Kokuyo), Paper Trimmer/Scissors (Tonic)
Thanks for stopping by! Have a creatively wonderful day!

6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the colors - I think the clear bag works great as a substitute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Robin this is darling, I love the colors, and that yummy icing. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Ginny said...

LOVING all your projects....wish I had a stamp of me...she could be drawn skinnier...lol

Unknown said...

Hi Robin, Thanks for commenting on my cupcake card for TPE this week. I love your work.

As for the Studio G Challenge place, you can find it on PCP at the following address. Hope to see you there.

http://cardoftheweek.ning.com/group/studiogcollectors

Anonymous said...

This is just adorable! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Robin, I love this bag!!! I LOVE the sharpness of the colours and using that clear bag was a stroke of genius!
It's gorgeous! Viv xx