Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Halloween

Here's a little ATC I just made from some scraps that were sitting on my desk and the outer border of one of the free Halloween digis I offered last week. Scroll down if you would like to see (snag?) them!

I used images from one of my favorite Artistic Outpost plates. I just adore this little witch from Vintage Halloween! She is just so sweet and sometimes, I don't want scary Halloween cards....this is when I reach for this plate of stamps. I made the distressed/crackly background by stamping the tree from the set randomly around the witch multiple times between inkings. I thought it looked kind of cool. I then inked the edges and stamped "hello punkin" in the same ink. I loosely colored the girl with Prismas to just add a hint of color. Finally, I cut out the border from one of my digis and just added it on the corner. The bats are just confetti.


Materials: PAPER-Colormates cardstock (WorldWin Papers) STAMPS-Vintage Halloween (Artistic Outpost), Halloween Digi (Robin's Artful Musings) INK-Spiced Marmalade & Milled Lavendar Distress Inks (Ranger), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko) OTHER-Prismacolor Pencils/Gamsol, Confetti Bats

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your SPOOKY ATC Robin, awesome job.

VicR said...

Oooh, I Love the colors on this ATC.
Stunning!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute ATC Robin!!

Dawn said...

absolutely adorable Robin!! I love how well your digi stamp image fits with the other artwork you used. You have such a great eye for design.

Kristen H said...

This is great! I love the background, and the way you used your border from your design is awesome!!! Love it! The artwork you used is great and I love that crackled look, very vintage and cool!!!