Monday, November 23, 2009

The Pink Elephant Challenge #42

The only good thing about Mondays is that it is the day we have a new challenge at The Pink Elephant!

This week, we have a recipe challenge:
Something Plaid, NO ribbon and any number of brads

This week, our sponsor is Wildflower Kids. They have the cutest stamps!
I used Lily Elf for my card.

First off...no laughter allowed. I just got a sewing machine and I so cannot sew!! lol I had an awful lot of fun, but my stitching is VERY random. Since I am so bad at it, I just covered the card with stitching and random strips of cardstock to make a crazy quilt look!! lol I thought that pink checked sections of the pp could pass for plaid (I know it is actually gingham, but I am calling it plaid!). I used no ribbon....that was TOUGH for me. And the snowflake on top of the punched snowflake is a brad covered with chunky glitter. I chose to just use one... Lily is colored with Copics and I added Marvy Puffy paint pen to the furry parts of her outfit. I finished her off with white gel pen accents. The paper is K&Co Brenda Walton paper that i recently got. I love it!

That was actually the second card I made for this challenge. My life is hectic right now and I am having a really hard time keeping all of my challenges straight. I thought WildFlower Kids was sponsoring next week's challenge, so I made my first card with one of my digi images that is available from Squigglefly....


I colored my turkey with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I printed two and cut the body from one and layered it with foam tape to make my turkey have more dimension. I added brads to the asterisks that seperate the words and then one to the hole in the acrylic word. The background paper on this is plaid, so I covered all the bases...NO ribbon too! lol The paper is from last year's fall matstack from DCWV.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to drop by TPE to see what the other designers created this week!

9 comments:

Davi said...

Hey I think that you did a great job on your sewing!! Both cards are great and cheerful and fun. Keep up the great sewing. :)

StampOwl said...

Nice for sure hehe ... loving both your creations today Robin

Annie said...

you are just so a star Robin - I really don't know how you fit it all in. Love both cards and your stitching is just brilliant for that effect on a card.

Totally in awe as always.

Ann xxx

Libby Dyson said...

Both these cards are great Robin. I'm hoping to find time to do this challenge

Holly Young said...

I think your stitching is pretty good Robin; much better than mine! I love the coloring on both of these cards! The layout on the first one is great.
Your turkey one I LOVE the color combination and the little colored brads add so much!

Vicki G said...

Both cards are GORGEOUS Darlin'!

Vicki

Dawn said...

AWESOMENESS!! I really need to get one of these Liquid Applique pens! I love how it looks, you used it well. That image is adorable I love your sewing. And for the record, that particular stitch(zigzag) is tricky, I've been burned by it before lol. I also love your Turkey card, printing it twice and pop dotting it really makes it pop! I need to remember these things!!

Jen Shults said...

Both of these are fantastic! I love your crazy quilting stitching... I would never have guessed you were new at sewing... it looks fantastic. And I love your little turkey card as well... gorgeous colors!

Wezz said...

Keep up the sewing AND the coloring!! I need to learn to use both in my cards....

Hugs,
Wezz