Monday, January 18, 2010

The Pink Elephant #50

Holy Cow! I can't believe what I just typed for a title! The FIFTIETH challenge at The Pink Elephant?!?!
That means we have been bringing you super fun challenges for almost a year! That's so cool!!
Thanks to all of those who come and play along with us each week! It truly is so fun to go and see all the entries and the talent is just amazing!

Our sponsor this week for TPE is
They generously graced the dt with some fun stamps!! Thank you so much!

And this week is a sketch challenge:




My interpretation of my own sketch really is bad....so proceed at your own risk:



Okay, so I started with good intentions, really I did. But, this looks nothing like the sketch. Let's pretend that I zoomed in on the center of the sketch shall we? Seriously, I started with a full oval in red. I had Versamarked an embossing folder, ran the oval through in the Textile folder and sprinkled glitter ep on it. I heated it and layered the finished oval on a black scalloped oval.....only to find that the oval was way too big to go on a landscape card...sigh. I so didn't want to redo the oval cuz I loved it and it was really the size I needed for this super cute image from Stampotique. Isn't she sassy?? I just think she is so cute!! So, I layed the oval down on the side of a portrait card and cut off the edge. I thought it looked pretty cool, but definitely not like the original sketch. If I had it to do all over again, I would have embossed the white card base to add more "oomph"....but I don't have time to do that....sigh.
It was fun to color the image and I do think that the card is way different from my usual style....hence the idea to use the word "original" (Art Declassified stamp).

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to check out what the rest of the fabulous TPE designers did this week.

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

Love what you did with this image Robin

Annie said...

50 !!! oh my - this is gorgeous Robin
Ann xxx

Vicki G said...

Lookin' Good Robin!

Hugs

Vicki

Betty Boo! said...

I love what you did with Sheer! She looks so goth and just perfect for a girl's card!

Betty

Sheri Gilson said...

What a fun card, Robin!! I love the clean design and what you did with Sheer!!

Jenn K said...

What a SASSY card! Love it! So glad to be working with you on TPE!!

Trudi said...

I think you did a great job with the sketch Robin, I love how you did the embossing on the oval, love that image too.