Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

outside my window here is NW Pennsylvania! This is our second snowstorm of the year. Neither has been horrible, though. The first one only hung around for a couple of days. This snow has been here for 4 days, but supposed to be in the 50s by Tuesday, so this one won't last either. I hate the cold, but looking out my window at the snow has always brought me some pleasure. I hope we have snow for Thanksgiving this year. Last year it was in the 60s and we were all in shorts! That doesn't 'feel' like the holidays to me. But, it was nice doing my Black Friday shopping in that weather. Better than freezing!!

So, in honor of the weather we are having here, I made a couple of blustery cold cards using WorldWin Papers. The glittery one is kinda odd but I wanted to see how that Pixie Dust cardstock would look after being embossed in the Cuttlebug. It looks super cool in person. But, I did find that the words were hard to read amongst the sparkel and made my eyes crazy. So, I used a fine Pitt Artist Pen to help highlight the words. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Pink Elephant Soapery said...

Cute Robin! Is that a background stamp? Sorry to hear you have snow! NOT! It's nice and warm here in sunny Las Vegas. We used to live pretty close to one another near the NY/PA state lines. Not missing the snow one little bit! :)

Cindy Roland said...

Robin, these are so adorable! Isn't that WWP just the best stuff. I love your sanded stuff too. What a fun look! Love your blog!
We don't usually get snow here until Dec or Jan but they are talking that we may have just a dusting for Thanksgiving day and the day after.
Hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving, I can't believe it is that time already! Hugs!

Eastjewels said...

Robin..........These are precious, I bet the snow on your cards looks like it does outside your window. You could look at it as just wonderful inspiration instead of "burrrrr" cold. Hope you are enjoying getting to be inside to do ART. Have a great Thanksgiving. Linda (Okla)

Cathy said...

Your cards are just wonderful. Really makes me want to get to work on some Christmas projects. I keep telling myself I'm not ready for that but your cards are very inspiring!

Unknown said...

Love both the cards Robin! Beautiful!

ybus said...

great cards!

you've also been tagged. read my blog for details.

y