Friday, March 28, 2008

Germies, germies, everywhere...

Well, the good thing about the past couple of days is that I have been playing with a very fun technique from LuminArte. I will be doing it for my May article at SSReflections. So, I have been able to play in my studio a little! Yay!!

The downfall...my oldest daughter was home on Wednesday and Thursday with the flu. She is very pathetic when she is sick!! I saw that she was doing better yesterday afternoon and she felt she could go back to school today. I thought to myself, 'I get a day to play all day tomorrow!!' I was glad she was feeling better too. Don't think I was being a selfish mom! lol

THEN...my younger daughter came home yesterday with a bright red eye. Yep, I am sure she has pink eye. This morning, it is swollen and a lot redder. I can't believe that her teacher didn't send her to the nurse and they didn't call me to come get her. It is highly contagious and she just spread those germs all over her school. Our school system leaves something to be desired for sure!! I couldn't do much last night. Dh called the pediatrician on call and they said that it wasn't an emergency and to call first thing in the morning to make an appointment. I just put natural tears in her eye yesterday and had her hold a cool washcloth on it to soothe it. I am waiting until 8 am so I can call and get her in to see the doctor. Oh...it is 8:04...I can call right now. So, I am going to close this post and make that call. I feel like I am coming down with something, so pray for me that I don't get sick too. I hate being sick!!!

I hope all of you are having a much more creative week than I!!!

0 comments: