Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Been playing

I have been very busy in my studio for the past couple of weeks, but I haven't made anything I can share. It has all been for articles and other things that need to be under wraps until they come out. I will share when I can, though!
For the past few days, I have been working with things from Debbie's Die Cuts. These matchboxes I got from her are so cool!! When she initially told me that she was sending me a couple to work with, I was envisioning the tiny matchboxes that I have altered in the past. NOT SO!! These are big and lovely. 2"x3 1/2"x 1" to be exact. I love the size and think they would make a wonderful embellishment chest of you altered a bunch and attached them together in a dresser type thing. Hmmmmmmmm....that might be my next endeavor with them!!!
This one was the first one I did. I colored the chest (unassembled) with Dusty Concord and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks. Then, I stamped the swirly heart stamp with Dusty Concord. Added dots randomly along swirls with an Inksentials white pen (love this pen!!). Added the image of the little girl and cat (Pennywise Art Stamps free digital download) and some German Scrap (Paper Artsy). I cut the words on my Silhouette on Hi Gloss Gold cardstock (WorldWin Papers). I then assembled the box. I repeated the steps with the inner box omitting the white pen. On each end, I put a piece of Perfect Plum (WorldWin Papers) that was stamped with same stamp in white. Added German Scrap to each end. I made a pull with a large gold bead and two smaller ones. I put them on wire and poked two tiny holes through the end and slid the wire through. Made spirals on the ends to secure. I glue tiny gold brads into gold beads and glued them on the bottom for feet.

For the next one, I decided to pull out my, very much forgotten, napkins. I found this one with ivy on it and it was so pretty, I just had to use it. I decoupaged the napkin onto the outer box. Let it dry and then added the picture of the two children. I inked each edge with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Tied a sheer ribbon up the side and then felt it needed some 'oomph'. So, I decoupaged a couple of the ivy leaves onto white cardstock and cut them out. I added them with pop dots, but glued the vines down to the box. Punched out the circle and stamped the alphabet letters (Studio G), punched out a folk heart that I inked with Walnut Stain and attached to the center. Glued it to the box and covered it with Glossy Accents. For the inner box, I just sprayed the entired thing with Memories Mist Diet Cola and let dry.

I hope you like what I did with these boxes. The possibilities are endless! So, head on over to Debbie's Die Cuts http://thestudioinpreston.blogspot.com/ and get yourself some of these super fun matchboxes!

5 comments:

Craftgirl said...

Great Art. I will be back.
Carol C

Linda said...

I love these boxes Robin! Will try something like that when I'm back from holiday! Thanks for sharing this idea :)
hugs, Lindavv

Judy Cantrell said...

Robin, These are gorgeous!!!

Wanda H said...

Robin, these are gorgeous!!!

Sandie R said...

These are beautiful Robin. I think the ivy one is my Fav. Great idea thanks for the inpiration.