Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yesterday's studio time

Here are the fun things I made yesterday. I played around with some of Debbie's Die Cuts frames. What fun!!
This first one was uses an oval cutout frame. I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the textile folder. Then, I painted it with Simple Solutions Copper paint and green patina according to instructions. I thought it looked like a very old piece of embossed copper. Cool! I mounted it onto black cardstock and then onto Crafty Board (WorldWin Papers). I used the Magic Matter to cut the oval image of the little girl slightly smaller than the opening and glued her down. I used a lace border punch (Fiskars) on white and black cardstock. I colored the white strip with Aegean Blue Versamagic ink (Tsukineko) and layered it over the black strip, offsetting for dimension. Painted a piece of white cardstock with the copper paint and stamped and embossed "Remembering". Adhere both elements to the frame. I think this would make a great frame to put a loved one's picture in. Maybe a parent or grandparent...

This one would be perfect for a wedding scrapbook page or in a frame with someone's wedding photo. I ran the large frame through the Cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder. I mixed a few drops of water into some Lumieres Pearl White paint and washed it over the frame to give it a soft sheen. Applied ribbon to the side and top of frame. Added a strand of pearls. The butterflies are some wedding trim that was pure white. I painted it with Mica Magic reinkers that were watered down slightly and attached it to the frame with pop dots. Tied a piece of ribbon to the corner and created two wedding rings out of 18 gauge silver wire and glued to frame. Sentiment is computer generated on lavendar Petallics paper (WorldWin Papers). Frame was put on same cardstock, but only adhered on three sides so a photo can be slipped inside.

The last frame I made seemed to evolve as I was playing around. I inked up a small frame with Faded Denim distress ink. Then, I used Weathered Wood Distress Crackle paint over it. After it was all dry and cracked, I inked it lightly with the Faded Denim ink to bring out the crackles. Because it warped a bit when I painted it with such a thick layer of paint. I adhered it to another frame for stability. I took two pieces of jute folded in half and tied them together in the knot. Glued the ends down and let the bottom tail hang off and unravel. Added brads to the corners. Cut letters on my Silhouette and glued to frame. Then, I applied Crackle Accents to each letter. I think this would be cute on a scrapbook page, but also would make an adorable magnet frame to put over your little guy.

4 comments:

Michi, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Robin!
I LOVE all of your artwork . . . I'm especially drawn to the vintage image in an oval with the Cuttlebug background!!! TOO COOL!!!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I love your art pieces, Robin, so beautiful. Debbies pieces are such fun. I have bought some from her and really liked them...You sure have done a wonderful job with them...excellent!!

Wanda H said...

Robin, these are fabulous!!!

Sue said...

Love all of these, Robin! What a
variety!!