Friday, July 18, 2008

Questions answered

So sorry I haven't been around much. Been getting some work done that I can't post on my blog and it has been crazy hot here again. I don't spend as much time in my studio when it is hot like this. I prefer the pool :)
I just noticed that there were a few questions about the puzzle piece magnets and I thought I would take a couple of minutes to answer them.
The size of the pieces I alter are generally around 3 inches. They are the childrens board puzzles that you can pick up for a couple of bucks. There are normally around 12 pieces in a puzzle and they come in a frame. I am going through the many that my girls had when they were younger, so I haven't had to buy any yet.
I usually alter the side that already has an image on it. I have no had any problems with attaching paper to that shiny surface because I use spray adhesive to attach them. And when I send the edges, it seems to make the paper/cardstock meld to the piece and become part of it. But, the glossy paper will peel off of the puzzle quite easily if you prefer to work with the bare chipboard.
They are fun to make and they go pretty quickly once you decide on color scheme and the images you want to use.
I hope this clears up any questions that you might have had and THANK YOU for the wonderful comments. I appreciate them so much!!

0 comments: