Monday, July 28, 2008

Cuttlebuggin...

Okay...I have been so absent from my blog it is ridiculous. I have been so busy getting a bunch of work done to meet deadlines. It didn't help that it was so horribly hot and humid last week and I didn't even want to think about being in my miserable studio unless I had to be. But, it is less humid now and I am back to creating. I can handle heat, but not a fan of the humidity that is so high that sweat drips off the tip of your nose. LOL!!
Then, on Saturday, I went to a nearby town's sale days. Love yard sales!! It is my other addiction. I got lots of clothes for my kids. And then I found stamps!! I love that. Got a stamp of some tall trees and a Stampin Up set of cute flowers and swirls stamps. As we were leaving town, I spotted an office table and yelled for dh to stop. For the past 9 yrs, I have used a table that is made for crafting. It is a wonderful table, with a ruler along the front, compartments along the side and a power strip at the front. It is a really nice table...but not for stamping and punching. lol It isn't solid and wiggles when I stamp or punch and then things fall over. Has made me crazy for a long time. I have wanted a heavy duty office table forever!! Dh went up and saw that it was $15 and he asked the guy if he would take $10 (we were fully prepared to pay the $15, but dh had to haggle lol). The guy said yes and I was on my way home with a new table.
So, yesterday, I pulled everything out and cleaned. Dh brought the new table in and I reorganized. I love this new table! It is a tiny bit higher than my old one, so I think I need to get a new chair or get used to the 1" difference. But it doesn't wiggle!! I am going to sell my old one at my yardsale in a couple of weeks so someone else can enjoy it for another 9 yrs. lol
To celebrate my new workspace, I decided to make some stuff. I needed to test my Cuttlebug to see if it would stick to this new table better than the old one. This one is wood and the old one had a laminate on it. It sticks GREAT!!! So, I needed to make some cards, right? lol
This first one came out so pretty, I think. I love the look of two different patterns on the same piece of cardstock.

Materials:
Pearlescent Cover Stripe (WorldWin Papers)
Colormates-Heritage Black (WorldWin Papers)
Cuttlebug folders-Swiss Dots, Swirls
Stamp (Inque Boutique)
Versamark ink
Ultra Detail Black embossing powder
Red satin ribbon
This one turned out okay. I wanted to emboss a sheet of copper. It embossed beautifully. I changed the color of the copper with my butane torch. I love the way the embossing looked after the multiple colors came out! Not a masterpiece, but was fun to make.

Materials:
Colormates-Light Perfect Plum, Medium Glorious Green (WorldWin Papers)
Copper (Making Memories)
Cuttlebug folders-Bloom Dots, Stitched Circle
Cuttlebug Die-Baby Face
Alphabet stamps (Technique Tuesday)
Finally, one I don't love at all, but I made it so you have to look at it!! lol

Materials:
Treasures cardstock-Tickled Pink (WorldWin Papers)
Colormates-Deep Groovy Grape (WorldWin Papers)
Cuttlebug folder-Numbers
Sizzix Texturz plate
Girl/Schooldays stamps (PaperArtsy)
Swirl stamp (Stampin Up!)
Distress Inks-Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, Antique Linen (Ranger)
Adirondack Pigment ink-Snow Cap (Ranger)
Stacking daisy punches
Whew!! Sorry for the novel, folks! I haven't blogged in so long and felt the need to go on and on and on and on.....
Have a creatively wonderful day!!!

6 comments:

WendyP said...

glad you got to create - your work is always amazing and inspiring to me !!!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

PRETTY! PRETTY! PRETTY!!! I LOVE all your new Cuttlebug cards, Robin!! The copper one simply KNOCKS ME OUT!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

I love the way you use color, Robin. All of them are so different but so you.

Stamped Impressions said...

Beautiful creations!!!

Unknown said...

great cards!!!!

y

Libby Dyson said...

Love what you have created Robin. I always am impressed with your creativeness. Thanks for sharing