Friday, August 22, 2008

Altered Locker Organizer

Well, this was fun!! My oldest daughter is going off to the middle/high school this year and will have a locker for the very first time. Ah...the memories of 7th grade...seems like I was just there! lol She asked for a locker organizer and found this fun one that has the dry erase board that opens up and has a spot for a photo and a mirror. Her favorite colors are blue, purple and lime green. She chose the blue one. After a few days, she asked me if I could make it cooler looking. lol Well, it is difficult to paint or add any ink to because it opens, etc. So, I needed to use the blue that was already there. I chose a slightly lighter shade of blue, some purples and a lime green that worked well together. I used paper from PaperStore 24/7 to make this. I cut out flower dingbats on my Silhouette and also put letters inside of large flowers for her name. I couldn't figure out how to add the flowers as a frame. Finally, I made a backer piece with two pieces of cardstock layered together. It only sticks out at each corner and has a swirl feel along the top and bottom. I glued the flowers to the edges and then cut out the center so the magnet would still work for her locker. After gluing it to the back of the organizer, I added some smaller flowers with pop dots and some on the edges of the organizer. I glued tiny flowers to the tops of the push pins and added her name flowers across the front of the pocket area. Finally, I added Stickles to the centers of the flowers and her name for bling. She LOVES it and that is all that matters to me. I hope you like it too!!

2 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

this is adorable!
i would think all the girls want one

Anonymous said...

Love the way you added her name (which is also mine) that it really caught my eye. Some beautiful work on here and congratulations on your published works.
Shelby Dunning
Santa Paula, CA