Friday, January 16, 2009

Some boxes from Debbie's Die Cuts

Oh, I had so much fun yesterday and this morning!! Even though I have the cold that never goes away, I wanted to create something...anything!! Debbie sent me some boxes to decorate awhile ago and my muse apparently was on vacation, because I couldn't come up with anything to do with them!! Finally, yesterday, I just started playing around with coloring them and the ideas flowed!! First, I decided to make one for Valentine's Day. I thought this one would be great to give to someone you love. Maybe fill it with some chocolates!
I first stamped the unmade box with a swirl heart stamp. Then, I sprayed both sides of the box with Memories mist. Assembled the box and added the bow around it with two Valentine pins. I stamped the sentiment on the top and embossed in clear. Attached it along with some printed flowers that I inked. Punched a circle and a heart and added those to the center. Finally I cut two strips with decorative scissors to make the borders on the top.
Materials: Box Die Cut (Debbie's Die Cuts ), Colormates-Deep Berry Red, High Gloss-Gold Smooth (WorldWin Papers)Memories Chalk Ink- Delicate Rose, Memories Mist-Strawberry Daquiri (Stewart Superior), Swirl Heart Stamp (Magenta), Sentiment (Hero Arts), Printed Flowers (Heidi Grace), Heartstrings scissors (Fiskars), Heart Punch, Circle Punch, Gold Ribbon, Pins, Tape N Roller Plus (Kokuyo)
Next, I decided to make one for birthdays. I thought these could make cute table favors or a gift box with some cash in it. Everyone loves cash!! lol
For this one, I stamped the present randomly in blue and the Happy Birthday randomly in green. Assembled the box and inked all the edges with blue ink. Stamped Happy Birthday again on white cardstock and cut out, leaving a tab along the bottom. Cut a slit in the box lid and slid the tab through and secured on the underside with tape. Cut out a matching piece of orange that is slightly larger and set aside. Stamp the present and a balloon on orange and one balloon on green. Cut out. Attach present to front of box and both balloons to wires. Glue wires to the back of "happy birthday' piece and cover with the piece of orange cardstock. Add Stickles to the present and the balloons. Tie ribbon around the box lid and add bow. Cut pieces of ribbon to attach down each side of the box to add continuity.
Materials: Box Die Cut (Debbie's Die Cuts), Colormates-Heritage White, Luscious Lime (WorldWin Papers), Kaschmir-Brown Orange Cotton (Gmund), Brilliance-Pearlescent Sky Blue (Tsukineko), Nick Bantock Ink-Chartruese Leaf (Ranger), India Ink Black (Stewart Superior), Ribbon (American Crafts), Stickles-Lime Green, Blue, Stardust (Ranger), white wire, Tape N Roller Plus (Kokuyo), Scissors (Fiskars), The Ultimate Glue (API)
Finally, I wanted to make one that could hold special little treasures. I instantly thought of a trunk of some sort. This is what I came up with...
I misted both sides of the die cut with Memories Mists. Then, I stamps swirls with the coordinating inks. Assembled the box. I had this suede like ribbon and I adhered the two strips starting at the bottom on the back and up over the top. I didn't add adhesive to the section that was on the front. I cut the ends to points. I cut two 1" strips and adhered them at the bottom on the front. Cut two 1" strips and cut them each in half lengthwise. I used one set to make handles on each side and the other set to make the fastening parts on the front. Finally, I stamped the word and slipped it into a label holder that I attached with brads.
Here is what it looks like when you open it. This may help the assembly make more sense!!

Materials: Box die cut (Debbie's Die Cuts), Memories Mists-Merlot, Margarita, Memories Chalk Inks-Hazy Mag, Iced Coffee, Dusty Lime (Stewart Superior), Stamps (Technique Tuesday), Label Holder, brads (Tim Holtz), Suede Heritate Ribbon (Karen Foster Designs), Zip Dry Glue, Tape N Roller Plus (Kokuyo), Scissors (Fiskars)

So, you can see that I did have fun!! If you want to make some of your own, head over to Debbie's blog, The Studio In Preston and see what she carries. Debbie also has a wonderful blog where she shares samples of things you can make with her die cuts and kits!

Thanks for stopping by and have a creatively wonderful day!!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

These are awesome Robin!

xoxo,
Michelle from CuttlebugInspirtations Group

Susan Stringfellow said...

wow! You have really been on a roll, haven't you!? Love everything. The little treasure box looks like it needs some truffles in it and I really love the little pins on the first one. Very nice

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Robin!
Oooooooooooo . . . I LOVE your new boxes!!!! They are SO cool!!!!

Annasmama said...

These boxes are so cute, I adore them!

Nettie said...

Love your box designs Robin!

Sue said...

All of your boxes turned out wonderfully! I'm sure Debbie will be tickled pink with them. What great ideas!!

Maggie Lamarre said...

I luv the treasure box :)
Maggie